venerdì 5 marzo 2021

The January Challenge. Day 14

The January Challenge. Day 14

Today - you have the power!
Choose from all three of today's challenges, and find the reasons that Lemn Sissay, Yomi Adegoke and Jess Thom loved each one.

Which challenge will you choose?



Blowing Bubbles - Lemn Sissay
“I am Sarah, I am 6 years old and I have Sierra Leonean heritage. I like practicing handstands, painting and reading.”
Sarah loves blowing bubbles! Today, your challenge is to blow bubbles in different mixtures - you will sound like "Elephants stampeding in a puddle!" Blow your bubbles with a straw, or simply by blowing into your glass or cup. Like Sarah, you could blow bubbles in apple juice, in water, or even in soapy water (but be careful not to drink the soapy water..!) Do you notice any differences in the mixtures? What is it like if you hum instead of blow?

"It's a really creative one, that I just could not have thought of!" Lemn Sissay



The Shape of You - Jess Thom
“I'm Charlotte. I'm 46 and I live in Faversham, Kent. I love to see shapes and patterns everywhere I look."
Spend a few minutes inventing your own shape. Give it a name, and explain the name you have chosen and any special meaning. Is it angular, rounded, 2D or 3D? How many sides does it have - or does it not have sides at all? Fill a page with your chosen shape - either one big one, or lots of them, either the same size or different sizes.
If you have time, decorate your shape! Fill it, or surround it with colour, images, texture, pattern, or text.

"This challenge got me thinking and inspired me!" Jess Thom




Kintsugi - Yomi Adegoke
This challenge is from Lucy, 27 from Nottingham. Lucy's challenge is inspired by the Japanese art of Kintsugi, which is based on the idea that things are made more beautiful by their flaws. Broken pottery pieces are sealed back together with liquid gold, highlighting the ‘scars’ that become a part of the design.
Can you fix or find a new use for something broken to show it is better now than before?

"This challenge resonated with me the most..and I'm really, really looking forward to doing it. I love the idea of finding uses for things that are apparently broken. I think it's amazing in terms of sustainability, and I also love the idea that nothing is ever truly worthless." Yomi Adegoke

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento